"Noble simplicity will always be beautiful." ~ August Bournonville
1. Where should I buy dance attire? Portland Dancewear located near Washington Square Mall. Mention Ashkenazy Classical Ballet and you'll receive a 10% discount on your purchase.
2. Do you offer morning hours? Weekend hours? Yes!
3. Are there performance opportunities? Ashkenazy Classical Ballet places the bulk of its focus on day-to-day training, as strong technique is of utmost importance. In place of performing onstage, students participate in Parent Observation Day twice yearly. These special days are treated with the same significance, value, and preparation that goes into a staged performance. That noted, ACB does and will continue to plan limited productions.
For higher-level students, there is an opportunity to perform with Sultanov Russian Ballet Academy. Please speak with Elesia for further information.
4. Do you offer lessons for students who wish to take privates only, or who are unable to join the full-time curriculum program? Yes, as this option is perfect for students with schedules that conflict with our full-time program.
5. What if I am already a student at another ballet academy, yet I want to take private lessons from ACB? ACB does work with beginning to intermediate-level students from other schools with instructor permission. ACB is a wonderful option for students who have come to ballet late and would like to catch up with their peers. It is a great option for students who need more work with foundational concepts and proper execution of steps.
6. Do your students enter ballet competitions? ACB students who exhibit exceptional talent and commitment may potentially participate in the Youth America Grand Prix competition regionally based in Seattle, Washington.
7. Do you still work with figure skaters on their skate programs, choreography, artistry, and flexibility? Yes!